10. Zoom in the face.
11. Start erasing the neck to make a smooth transition.
Now it's time to adjust colors and contrast:
12. Go to Image > Adjustments > Hue/Saturation
This option uses the three dimentions of a color (hue, intensity/saturation, value/lightness).
Reposition the sliders to adjust the color of the face:
Hue - changes the color
Saturation - changes the brightness (-100 setting removes all color information, making the image black-and white; +100 setting enhances colors' brightness, making them bright and vivid)
Lightness - changes value (lightness or darkness)
13. To increase the contrast and manipulate with lightness or darkness of an image go to Image > Adjustments > Levels.
Sliding the black slider to the right will darken the dark areas
Sliding the white slider to the left will lighten the light areas
(that is changing the contrast)
Sliding the grey slider will control the mid-values.
14. To remove excess reds and yellows in the face go to Image > Adjustments > Color Balance.
You see three sliders with pairs of complimentary colors:
Cyan - Red
Magenta - Green
Yellow - Blue
To remove Yellow - move the slider towards Blue, to remove Red - slide towards Cyan, to remove Magents - slide towards Green
15. At this point you might want to desaturate the colors a little - they look too bright. Repeat using the color adjustments until you are happy with what you see.
Repeat steps 1 - 7 from the method above.
8. You are going to place the face behing superman:
Double-click on the background layer, rename it: superman, click OK
9. Drag the face layer below the superman layer.
10. Keep the superman layer selected. Choose soft eraser with 70+ % opacity. Start erasing superman's face. You will see the other face beneath it!
11. Do not erase the entire superman's face, just the features. You can turn off the bottom face layer to see the erased area:
12. Select the face layer.
13. Edit > Free Transform (Ctrl/Command T) - adjust the positon of the face. rotate, etc...
14. Adjust the colors like you did in the first method:
Image > Agjustments > Color Balance
15. Adjust contrast by changing levels:
Image > Adjustments > Levels
16. Desaturate the colors:
Image > Adjustments > Hue/Saturation
Use the adjustments until you get it right.