Final exam consists of 2 parts:
- Performance (50%) - you will be given time prior to Finals to complete an assignment that would require skills that you acquired during the semester. (linear drawing, constructing forms, shading techniques, value shading, grid drawing, shading the basic geometric forms: cube, sphere, cone, cylinder, etc.)
All materials and necessary instructions are in the folder that you received from me. The folder is due back with your completed assignment on the day of the Final Exam.
Draw a 1"x1" grid on the drawing paper, copy the picture (you can download it from the thumbnail below), use regular #2 pencil to apply values. Make sure the grid is not visible when you complete the assignment.
• At least 3-4 hours of work on this assignment
• Accurate proportions/sizes of shapes
• Correct placement of shapes
• Rendered smoothly … no pencil lines/marks
• All values match – same darks/lights
• No grid lines visible
• Overall neatness, presentation, craftsmanship
- Written test (50%) Here are the topics that you need to review to help you study for the test:
- Elements of Art. What are they? Explain and list them all.
- Review the elements of Art: Line, Shape/Form, Value
- Line - types and emotional qualities, etc.
- Shape/form – difference, types, positive/negative shapes, etc
- Value- shading techniques, shading patterns (light, highlight, light, shadow, reflected light, cast shadow), lightest and darkest areas, what value depends on, why we use value/shading, chiaroscuro, etc.
- Principles of Design -Repetition
You can use one 5x3 index card with notes for the test. Card should be attached to the final test to receive an extra credit. All information is available for you on this web site.